Connect with readers -- through blogging

Hi, readers. I am migrating some blog posts from here to my professional profile page blog. You can read my latest, here: https://mystiquemacomber.com/connect-others-blog-writing/

You also can subscribe to the blog on that page. When you click on the blog page or follow this link, there will be a blue box where you can add your email. You'll be notified each time I publish a new post.

I may still post other work here. And so you don't feel like clicking this was a total waste of time, below is a little something I wrote today. Not fully fleshed into a blog, and it might never be more than it is.

Thank you for reading!

Mystique
The walking bridge in Chattanooga provides a pretty picture
even with a cloudy sky.

A piece of art


“You look like a piece of art,” she said, as she transferred a baby from one hip to the other. “Your hat and black leggings.” She motioned with her free hand. 

I smiled and thanked her. 


She had offered to take my picture. I was at the overlook by the Hunter Museum in downtown Chattanooga, taking pictures of the sky and scenery. The clouds were transformed into interesting patterns. It was my first time taking scenic shots with my new phone. 


I heard her and her children approaching, but I didn’t expect her to speak to me. 


“Ma’am, do you want me to take your picture?” she asked in a sweet southern drawl.


I turned, surprised. Why had she asked, I wondered, because I hadn’t been taking selfies. In fact, my camera was balanced on the railing for most of the shots, to steady my hand. 


My puzzlement must have shone in my face, because she offered her explanation about my appearance.


I declined and continued my walk.

Maybe I should have taken her up on her offer. Maybe I really did look like a piece of art.

Comments

Popular Posts