New stuff to keep me busy

An image from my website.

I got new stuff this week.

My new red iPhone XR came early. It’s beautiful. I put it in a clear case from Speck so I can still see the red. It’s my second favorite color, I’ve decided.

There’s not as much of a learning curve there, but there is new stuff about it. I need to call my cell provider tomorrow to try and figure out why I can’t send photo messages to people who aren’t on Apple products. I can text them, but no images go through.

I also haven’t played with the camera much at all. I’ve taken food photos, and that’s it. I haven’t tried any of the cool features I’ve read about.

That’s mainly because I’ve been busy with my website and a writing project. Oh yeah, and handing out Halloween candy to trick-or-treaters. Teddie and I had a good time with that.

The writing projects, I’ve decided, are only time-consuming because of the links required. This one only needed two external links, thank goodness, but I spent probably two hours trying to find something – anything – that would work. It was a stretch at best, even what I finally came up with. I was trying so hard to drill down into a search, that Google asked me if I was a robot and had me do a Captcha, because I kept trying slightly different variations to get to what I was sure must be there. (It wasn’t.) That’s the first time Google ever accused me of not being human.

The website is a work in progress. It’s up and running, but I need to go and update all of my profile information on LinkedIn and other job boards with it. I’ve tested the links and the contact form. I think everything is working properly. Thankfully, my sister was able to help and walk me through stuff or send me links to follow along. Otherwise, I might never have figured it out. As it is, WordPress still doesn’t think I am who I am, so I have to log in through my host server. (Maybe WordPress told Google I wasn’t a real person …)

If you’d like to see it, you can go to mystiquemacomber.com. I know it doesn’t look like much work, but it was. I’m glad I’m somewhat familiar with WordPress or I’d still be trying to upload photos.
Then today, we had a tornado warning. Phone alerts, sirens and audible announcements sounded. We checked the radar, and yes, we were in the red zone. We went to a neighbor’s house because she has a basement. I met two other neighbors there. We waited around for probably 20 minutes for it to pass, visiting and trying to calm the dogs. We exited to the same rain we had when we went in, but better to be safe than sorry.

Today was supposed to be Teddie’s first training session, too. The store didn’t pass along the registration to the woman who teaches the class. She had combined two classes because she didn’t think she had anyone for the later session. Next week, Chrystique and Teddie will do a make-up class, and then catch up with the second class. He made an impression on the trainer, though. She really liked him, even though he peed on the floor. It was just too much new stuff for him to keep it all inside.

I guess it was just one of those weeks. I promise I won’t pee on the floor, though.

Comments

Popular Posts