Fleeting art

You never know where you’ll find art. 

I was finishing my cafe solo, when I caught sight of the moving shadows on the front of the oven. The morning sun, shining through the screen, cast shadows of a decorative napkin holder and salt and pepper shakers. Not terribly remarkable. But the wind moving the clouds and screen created a fascinating effect. I was mesmerized. 

Then I remembered I should take a picture. 

But a picture didn’t do it justice. So I took a little video. 

Fleeting art video

In just a minute, the moment was gone. The sun had risen enough to change the angle. Even today, just a day later, the image is not placed strategically on the oven door. The light and shadow aren’t as intense. 


It was fleeting art — like so much in life. You have to enjoy it while it’s there, because soon it will be gone.

Comments

  1. I do like those moments. I have a certain time of year that the light comes through the patio door in the morning when I am having my coffee and casts some pretty light on the wall-- I enjoy it every year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's cool! I didn't really think that it would repeat at different times as the sun moves, but it makes sense.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts