Instagram: A shift in thinking

I like Instagram for the pretty pictures. I don’t always care about the captions, but I do read them if I pause on an image. Usually it’s just about the image. 

Mostly I follow people I know, but I follow some other photographers and feeds, just to see what’s there.

For example, I follow Breckenridge Mountain and a couple of other ski ones, even though I don’t ski. They have some fun videos and beautiful photos. I even follow a famous possum (Sesame!) and Hugh Jackman, thanks to my daughter.

When I decided on Portugal as my first foray into the big wide world, I added several Portugal-related Instagram feeds. It’s fun to see places that I’ve seen and places that I haven’t. It’s a neat way to be reminded of it daily and to be excited about where I’m going.

Today, I scrolled past an outdoor photo from Madeira. The caption said, “Wait no more ... Start planning your vacations in Madeira.”

I know the author meant that readers should start planning their vacations to Madeira, but I first took it to mean I should be in Madeira to start planning my vacations. 


How’s that for a shift in thinking?

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts