Signs of summer

I am so grateful that summer is coming, that the bare trees and barren ground indicate spring is here, not fall. 

This is the first nice day I’ve had to myself, without work or other obligations. Here’s what I’ve noticed that has made me feel good today:

More than 10 miles on the bike. I was glad for the long pants and sweatshirt. Oh, and the bike shorts. They helped make it more comfortable. 

The four fluffy yellow goslings with their parents by the river. They were so cute!

The river. There is something so primal about water. It pulls me. I’m pleased I’ll be living by big water soon. I’ve never lived near an ocean. It will be a new experience. 

Opening the windows for the first time. 

Having it be warmer outside than inside. Part of that is because the furnace went out and hasn’t been repaired yet. But I’d have the windows open regardless. 

First St. Charles of the season. It’s my favorite summer drink. Cheers!

Sitting in the sun. Ok, I’ve technically done this already, but I washed off an outdoor table and chair, and I’m writing this barefoot. 

Being barefoot. Outside.

Not needing a jacket. 

Needing sunglasses and a hat. 

Having time to sit outside and read, enjoy a drink and soak up some sun. 

I am so glad summer’s coming...

Comments

Popular Posts