Shopping for a living

1940s-style elegance. I look like I could
shop in a high-end store, right?

I think I found a new career.

Concierge Assistant for Luxury Products Purchases

It’s in Lisbon, Portugal. It’s with the Concierge Department of the brand Uemura. It’s “specialized in helping its most demanding customers attending all their requests and customizing all its services in favour of their needs.”

The job description states: “We are looking for an assistant to join our purchasing team of items from internationally recognized brands. Their mission is to go to the indicated store according to the item required by our customers.”

Translation: You get paid to shop for high-end items, €80 when the service is by the hour, or €500 when the service is by objective and not time. That’s $91 an hour or $569 per object. The average service time is one hour.

I assume it’s a rather part-time sort of gig. I mean, how much high-end shopping is there to do? Especially at those rates? When you know the company is charging more?

Still, doesn’t it sound interesting?

Oh, and under the essential heading of the job posting is the following:

  • ·        Preferably a mature profile.
  • ·        Elegant and careful profile.
  • ·        Have an interest in the latest trends in LifeStyle.
  • ·        To have people skills.
  • ·        Have the right dress code to visit the stores where purchases will be made.

Does my age qualify as mature? (Maybe I should stop coloring my hair …) I can be elegant, and I think I know what they mean by careful, although it’s difficult to put it into words. I have an interest in lifestyle trends. I have people skills. (I can talk to anyone. I’m assuming I probably wouldn’t need to negotiate for a better price.) I might need to upgrade my wardrobe, but I’m on my way with switching to all dresses and skirts.

Hmm, but I bet I’d have to speak Portuguese fluently. Duolingo and I haven’t gotten there, yet. I guess I better stick to my original plan. Maybe they could hire me as a copy editor for their job postings, instead …



Comments

Popular Posts