Walking the dog

Follow Teddie on Instagram.
@teddie_bear_kidstime
I talked to two neighbors while walking the dog today. Dogs are great for meeting people. 

Walk alone and you might get a nod from someone passing by. Walk with a dog, and you're making friends. Even people in cars will wave at you if you're walking a dog. If it's a cute dog, your odds increase. 
Young guy, Nick, pulled into his yard and asked if he could pet the dog before he'd even gotten fully out of his car. 

He came across the street to us and hunkered down to pet Teddie. We chatted about how cute Teddie is, like his namesake teddy bear. Nick has two dogs, one big and one medium. He asked if I lived in the neighborhood. I said my sister lives the next block over. 

I guess I do, too. I've switched my mail, I need to get a Tennessee drivers license in order to keep my new car insurance and this is where I'm living right now. After months of house sitting, I'm still in the thought process of just staying somewhere. That'll probably last until I move to Portugal. 

Until then, I'll keep walking the dog. He's a good excuse to be friendly, we both need the exercise and he is awfully cute. 

Comments

Popular Posts